Westminster Communities of Florida warmly welcomes visitors to our communities to engage with our residents. Our communities encourage visits at all times unless scenarios arise that limit visits for the protection of residents and team members. Taking a person-centered approach, visits may be conducted in either outdoor areas, indoor resident living areas or designated visit spaces. Regardless of where visits are conducted, we adhere to the following core principles to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission:
Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention
- Visitors with confirmed COVID-19 infection or compatible symptoms should defer non-urgent in-person visitation until they meet CDC criteria for healthcare settings to end isolation. For visitors who have had close contact with someone with COVID-19 infection, it is safest to defer non-urgent in-person visitation until 10 days after their close contact if they meet criteria described in CDC healthcare guidance (e.g., cannot wear source control).
- We encourage the practices of good hand hygiene, and using an alcohol-based hand rub is preferred.
- We encourage visitors and residents to practice the guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), such as wearing a face covering or mask that covers mouth and nose, and physical distancing at least six feet between people.
- We have posted instructional signage throughout the community and provide visitor education on COVID-19 signs and symptoms, infection control precautions and other applicable community practices (e.g., use of face covering or mask, specified entries, exits and routes to designated areas, hand hygiene).
- We clean and disinfect high-frequency touched surfaces in the community often, and after each visit in designated visitation areas.
- Our team members follow the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Visitors are asked to adhere to the following protocols:
- Self-screen for a COVID-19 positive test result, signs and symptoms of COVID-19, and close-contact exposure to someone with COVID-19 prior to entry and adhere to recommendations to defer visits for up to 10 days
- Acknowledge understanding of COVID-19 Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention as well as the risks associated with visits.
- Understand that visits conducted with residents who are on transmission-based precautions or quarantine are not recommended.
- Conduct visits in either resident room/apartment or designated visit area. Limit visitor movement throughout the community by going directly to and from visit area.
- Are encouraged to wear a well-fitted face mask/covering that covers mouth and nose and socially distance at all times. Residents acknowledging the risk to do so are able to remove their face mask and conduct consensual close contact with their visitors.
- Use appropriate hand hygiene before and after the visit.
- If scenarios present that limit visits for a particular resident or residents, contact the appropriate Westminster community to discuss the options of Compassionate Care Visits or Essential Caregiver Visits.
- Contact the appropriate Westminster community directly if you have any questions regarding visit protocols.
Visitors failing to comply with these requirements and community specific protocols will result in revocation of visit privileges.
Date: November 4, 2022