Westminster Communities of Florida warmly welcomes visitors to our communities to engage with our residents. Our communities encourage visits at all times, unless a scenario arises that limit visits for the protection of residents and team members. Following our person-centered approach, visits may be conducted in either outdoor areas, indoor resident living areas, or designated visiting spaces. Regardless of where visits are conducted, we adhere to the following core principles to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission:
Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention
- Visitors who have a positive viral test for COVID-19, symptoms of COVID-19, or currently meet the criteria for quarantine should not enter the community until they meet the criteria used for residents to discontinue transmission-based precautions (quarantine). Communities will screen all who enter for these visitation exclusions.
- We encourage the practices of good hand hygiene, and using an alcohol-based hand rub is preferred.
- We encourage visitors and residents to practice the guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), such as wearing a face covering or mask that covers mouth and nose, and physical distancing at least six feet between people.
- We have posted instructional signage throughout the community and provide visitor education on COVID-19 signs and symptoms, infection control precautions and other applicable community practices (e.g., use of face covering or mask, specified entries, exits and routes to designated areas, hand hygiene).
- We clean and disinfect high-frequency touched surfaces in the community often, and after each visit in designated visitation areas.
- Our team members follow the appropriate use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- We promote effective cohorting of residents (e.g., separate areas dedicated to COVID-19 care).
- We conduct resident and team member testing as required by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Visitors are asked to follow the following protocols:
- Submit to being screened for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to entry.
- Acknowledge understanding of COVID-19 Core Principles of COVID-19 Infection Prevention as well as the risks associated with visits.
- Acknowledge that visits conducted with residents who are on transmission-based precautions or quarantine are not recommended.
- Conduct visits in either resident room/apartment or designated visit area. Limit visitor movement throughout the community by going directly to and from visit area.
- Maintain social distancing between visitor and other residents and team members.
- Wear a well-fitted face mask/covering that covers mouth and nose, and socially distance at all times. Residents who acknowledge the risk to do so may choose to remove their face mask and conduct consensual close contact with their visitors.
- Use appropriate hand hygiene before and after the visit.
- Notify the community if the visitor tests positive for COVID-19 or develop symptoms of COVID-19 within 14 days before and/or after the date of the visit.
- If scenarios present that limit visits for a particular resident or residents, contact the appropriate Westminster community to discuss the options of Compassionate Care Visits or Essential Caregiver Visits.
- Contact the appropriate Westminster community directly if you have any questions regarding visit protocols.
Visitors failing to comply with these requirements and community specific protocols will result in revocation of visit privileges.