We are very pleased to be welcoming visitors to our communities! Residents are delighted to see their families and friends. But it’s important to know that the safety of residents and their families and loved ones is our top priority. Safety requirements and procedures are still in place for residents and guests to ensure that everyone stays safe, amid the continued COVID-19 pandemic.
Before you plan a visit, here’s what you need to know:
- Residents and team members are strongly encouraged to have the COVID-19 vaccine. More than 7,000 have now been vaccinated.
- Visitors, and the residents they are visiting, must continue to wear a mask and practice social distancing while they are at the community.
- We now welcome indoor visitors in residents’ homes in Independent Living and Assisted Living. We encourage residents and their families to make their own decisions about vaccines and safety. Visitors are not permitted to use common areas.
- Pursuant to state and federal regulation, outdoor visitors will be welcomed to Nursing Care residents at all times and indoor visitation may be permitted. Indoor visitation must be discontinued under certain circumstances. Visitors must wear a mask at all times. Indoor visitors will not be permitted to residents who are in quarantine or in our Admission Transition Unit, except for Compassionate Care visits.
- In general, visitors are no longer required to schedule visits. However, some communities may still require this to help our team members screen all visitors and ensure social distancing.
- We are now pleased to welcome children and pets! Children under the age of 18 must be supervised by a resident for Independent Living and Assisted Living visitors, or by a parent or guardian for visits to Nursing Care and Memory Support residents.
- Other restrictions and limitations on visitors may be added for the safety of you and your loved ones.
For more information on how you can enjoy a visit to your family member, friend or loved one at a Westminster community, we encourage you to contact your Executive Director.
We look forward to seeing you soon!